Thursday 15 August 2013

--General study


Trying to understand the fundamentals of drawing has become a key focus of mine in the last year. This study was an attempt at understanding human form, anatomy and value/tone. I'll be starting a new study from fresh as I realized it'd be better for me to start dark and then work my way up to the lighter values. Using a thicker brush would also speed up the work and allow me to focus more on the bigger picture.

While I tend to draw cartoons/non realism more often than not, I think everyone needs to be aware of how to draw people. Artists that practice drawing things they aren't really good at will become technically more skilled in comparison to artists who don't. Gotta leave my comfort zone and make the world my comfort zone.

PS: I think all artists should self encourage on their own work!

-Adam!

No comments:

Post a Comment